The Kerry Blues



I had a Kerry Blue Terrier.  His name was Uncle Vanya, after the Chekhov play.  Sometimes he was Ivan the Terrier, when he was feisty and full of rebellious spirit.  It is no coincidence that I had this dog, my name is Kerrie, and I am a terrier by nature.  I had a Scotty when I was single, he was the most stubborn dog I've ever owned. Then we had Jack, the German Shepherd, my husband's dog.  Jack was a wonderful dog, he was a GSD, like my husband, loyal, obedient, a little snarly when threatened, and really smart.  But I am a terrier by nature, more like the Kerry Blue, than the Scotty; less stubborn more biddable.  I am plenty smart, and I don't always like to obey, but I can be taught.  I like to play around, have fun, and it may seem as though I don't take things seriously, even if I do. Yes, terriers are sensitive, they just don't like to show it.  My Scotty was just plain obstinate, my Kerry is obedient if  you work with him, and keep up the training.  He'll never be a German Shepherd, but neither will I. I married a German shepherd.  I love my pack, but I look out for me as well.  I need extra care with grooming, more than just a quick brush. I require trips to a salon for hair cuts, and maybe a spa day every now and then, but I'm no fussy little toy poodle either.  I can be rough and tumble, as well as sophisticated.  Mostly, I'm great fun, loving, and wonderful, but be careful, I can also be a little crazy and unpredictable; just like my Kerry Blue. Rest in Peace Vanya,
Born: June 13, 2000 Died: December 4, 2014.

Comments

Popular Posts