i won

No further comment. It's enough. Vindication is sweet.

Comments

  1. > Where did he go, that great guy I met 33 years ago?

    I have some acquaintance with Mr B, so perhaps I can shed some light on that. Consider his parents. One was generally nice, knowledgeable (if too likely to start lecturing), and outgoing, with a can't-we-all-just-get-along, more-in-sorrow-than-in-anger approach to life. The other wore a psychic tee shirt proclaiming "51% sweetheart, 49% hair-trigger rabid wolverine". It seems to me that Mr B has a whole lot of the latter mixed in with the former.

    Also - his posts about you *were* glowing, but I always thought that his "the beautiful and Mrs Borepatch" (borrowed, I'm sure, from George Will) was a little too precious, a little too condescending, and reeking of passive-agressive hostility. But that might just be me (OTOH, I'd get serious blowback from Mrs Nonesuch River should I write something like that in a blog). YMMV

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so appreciate your understanding. I had to take out the post because his feelings were hurt.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts