A Mother's Plea

My adorable first born son suffers from bi-polar disorder. As you may or may not know, some 10 to 15% of people suffering from this disorder end up taking their own life. My son is still alive, but we have had some close calls. So here is the letter I would love to write to my ex-husband if I thought he would listen at all.

Dear ex husband, I am humbly asking you to contribute half of the costs to get our son onto disability and Medicaid. I am afraid it will require an attorney, and I am researching the process. As you are aware, his medications are expensive, and he needs to see his doctor regularly. The only ACA plans still available in GA do not cover mental health or his medications. Under your insurance, the medication co-pays were 0, and the co-pays to his doctor were only 10 dollars a visit. Now that he is no longer covered under your insurance, we need to get him onto disability and from there onto Medicaid.

I hesitate to share any information about our son without his consent, but the chances of him landing a full-time job with benefits anytime soon are slim to none. He is unemployed and has been in a major depressive episode or most of the past 18 months. This is the main reason he did not testify in the October 6th hearing to counter your "I'm a good father," and "I'm not and alcoholic" testimony.  Since you apparently enjoy paying lawyers, this time it might as well be for a good reason. If you want to use your lawyers, feel free. I am making inquiries at the firm I used in litigation against you, as their fees are more reasonable. I have also reached out to people at church, and to his doctor for guidance through the Georgia system.

If you have any feelings left for your first-born child, indeed any feeling about his continued existence, I beg you to help. I am unsure if you have any feeling left for him, because I cannot understand the reasoning behind cancelling the insurance. Indeed, I don’t want to try to understand. As you may recall, suicide claims 10 to 15% of people suffering from bi-polar disorder. I am not yet ready to abandon him to this. Recall your testimony under oath that you are a good father. Be that good father that you claimed to be under oath. Without acts to support them, the words are hollow. Search your heart. Pray for guidance.

I have found great comfort and strength in prayer, and can testify that his light and pure love can dispel the darkness in our hearts. I know that God loves you and forgives you. He forgives you no matter what you do or have done. He washes away our sins, and is more concerned with the future than the past. He is there for you whether you realize it or not. Look for him, because he has always been there, supporting you. You are his child and loves you unconditionally. I pray for that same ability, and I am grateful for the help you gave our youngest son in his job hunt. I know your new wife must have put in a good word, and that was kind of her.

By the way, I had a nice chat with with your brother a while ago, as the news about his health had me very worried. It was nice to catch up. Sorry to hear about his health problems. Although, I feel so bad you felt you had to lie to our younger son about why you couldn’t visit them over the holiday. Why couldn’t you just tell him that they are not speaking to you.  Please try to be honest with your children and yourself.

With serious concern for our little boy, your children's mother
 

Comments

Popular Posts